Thursday, September 13, 2012

TasTEA Time! Prestogeorge Peach Oolong


I...I don't know why I started re-blogging today.  I really need to study for my Brain Function and Neuroanatomy test tomorrow, but alas, here I am again.  I guess this is serving as a warm-up before I crunch those diagrams again.  Anyway, this is another cheap Prestogeorge blend (all the ones I got this trip were relatively inexpensive, but this one is on the $3 for 4 oz range as opposed to the $5 for 4 oz).  I honestly have not had as much experience with oolong as with other teas, probably because a lot of bagged companies don't sell as many varieties of it.  But I like peach tea.

Outsides:  Prestogeorge uses plastic-lined paper bags with these neat little twisty-ties on them, so it's nice that they use better bags but you should still buy a canister or store in a dark, dry place.  The tea is golden hued and smells like peaches mostly, with a slight tea scent.

Insides:  I find that I drink this tea a lot, moreso than the other teas I bought from PG.  It's not because this tea is amazing, although it's very good and very balanced.  The oolong used is a much better quality than I've had, having a less-bitter, but warm and robust tea taste that is more mild than black tea, but still having a bit of a kick.  The peach flavor is a bit light, but balances well with the tea and still holds its own.  Why do I drink it more than the other teas I bought at PG?  I guess because it's just so smooth and balanced, plus it's cheap.

Overall:  I can't run in the streets screaming about how delicious this is, but it is well worth the money.  Get it if you want a lightly flavored oolong.

My Rating:  Buy it!  Here's PG's website again:  Prestogeroge's Oolong Tea page

No comments:

Post a Comment