Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Coffee Break! Mr. Brown Macadamia Nut Iced Coffee



What:  Coffee

Where:  Taiwan

Why Should I Care:  Well, I've never seen macadamia nut flavored coffee before (probably because they're expensive).  I got this at my random local Oriental Market for 85 cents while shopping for drinks to try out.  I've seen this brand there and they have about five different flavors, but this one stood out to me the most.  Anyway, it's cheaper than Starbucks but the container is smaller.

Packaging:  It's about the same size as the Monster (8 oz) although the can is fat instead of skinny.  I like the tropical flowers and palm trees in the can design.

Non-Taste Senses:  It looks and smells like coffee.

Taste:  I think if you're looking for plain ol' iced coffee, you should try this out.  It's not bad coffee but it's nothing that'll knock your socks off.  There's a nice nutty flavor to it and it's not exceedingly sweet but also not exceedingly creamy (I like my coffee creamy).  The roast seems to be closer to mild so keep that in mind.  If I made a totem pole of the canned coffee I tried, it's better than the Starbucks Lite but not as good as the Monster Xpresso.

Overall:  If your local Big Lots doesn't have Monster Xpressos for 50 cents and your local Oriental Market has these for 85 cents, I recommend trying them out.  It's just coffee, but it's still slightly cheaper than buying it from Micky D's or Starbucks.

My Rating:  Try it!  Did I find a site?  No.  But I did find a Wikipedia, Facebook and general love letter to the Italian-Taiwanese man.

No comments:

Post a Comment