Saturday, November 12, 2011

And now for something completely different: Jolly Ranchers Watermelon Soda



What:  Watermelon soda with everyone's favorite sweetener, High Fructose Corn Syrup!

Where:  USA

Why Should I Care:  I don't drink soda/pop too often and when I do, I try to stick with ones that use cane sugar.  This one is a bit of an exception though because of two reasons 1.)  It's only a dollar for a liter and 2.)  It's freakin' Jolly Rancher!  Watermelon Jolly Ranchers are delicious so why shouldn't this soda be!

Packaging:  It's a fairly large bottle with the Jolly Rancher logo on it.  I'd prefer a smaller size and a glass bottle, but I tend to prefer a lot of things that are never going to happen.



Non-taste senses:  It looks and smells like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher.

Taste:  This may come as a shock, but it tastes like a watermelon Jolly Rancher.  It's not overly sweet or sugary (syrupy) and it also has a nice fruity flavor.  Unfortunately, the fizz doesn't hold up too well.  The soda starts out nice and fizzy but by the time I used it for this review, it flattened out.

Overall:  Soda is bad for you.  It is full of sugar (high fructose corn syrup) and will make you fat.  However, if you need some soda pop love, this is pretty good.  It's fruity, colorful and may possibly brighten your mood a little that day.  Don't expect a gourmet experience though.

My Rating:  Buy it (just not too often).  Apparently, you can only find these at random Dollar stores and Big Lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment